Preached by PFO
Exodus 2:1 – 10
- The King wanted to curtail multiplication of Jewish population
- He put a decree to kill all firstborn males, then all sons
- Jochebed was pregnant at a time where baby boys were being killed
- Jochabed, acted in faith, and built an ark made of bulrushes, coated in tar
- An ark – in Noah’s time an ark saved the human race; Jochebed’s faith in building her “ark” resulted in the deliverance of the Israelites.
- Jochebed had to release him into the world (Pharaoh’s palace). She had trained Moses in her faith in God, and he would ultimately become a deliverer.
- Our children are the deliverers of our time and the future. They are are here and born for a purpose. No child is a mistake.
- How are we nurturing our children during this lockdown time?
- Some will deliver the church
- Some will deliver the family
- Some will deliver a nation
- Our children will deliver wherever their level of influence is.
2. Mothers of Faith
- How many of us have taught our children the ancient landmarks of culture, church legacy, etc.?
- The world is teaching our children so many other things:
- Alternate lifestyles
- No cultural values or respect for anyone (Honor for parents)
- We need to teach our children, or they will have no way of learning our values. Proverbs 22:28 – Remove not the ancient landmarks. ‘Do not remove the ancient landmark Which your fathers have set.’ (NKJV)
- Where is the world going? Certain things are NOT okay.
3. Nurture the Deliverer – Romans 10:14 ‘How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?’ (NKJV)
- We allow the teachers to dictate what our children should be
- We now have the opportunity to teach our ‘deliverers’
4. Examples in Scripture
- Jochebed saw a purpose greater than your own treasure. She saw a deliverer in Moses.
- Hannah saw they needed a prophet and a judge. She asked for a male child.
- “God is giving you an opportunity to do the needful. Embrace it now. The time may not come again!” – PFO
- Violence and immorality rule the world system today. Teach our children what they need to know! Have you made an impact yet, instead of complaining?
- Bible stories are good, but teach them the Rhema and the Logos!
- 1 Timothy 5:18
5. Practical Actions
- Let’s go back and build morals and standards in them
- Teach them the culture of heaven
- Jochebed withdrew to a solitary place to pray, and left Miriam to watch the baby.
- Elijah went to pray during the famine, and sent the servant to go and check if rain was coming.
- Jochebed devoted her time to teaching and nourishing the child
- How come Moses grew up in the palace, but had so much compassion for the Jews? He was taught!
- Teach them to be better people on the face of the earth, to deliver us from this perverseness
- Do what you need to do. Quit complaining about Justin Trudeau and Donald Trump. Let go!
6. Jochebed Let Go
- She saw a purpose greater than herself
- “What she had released into the spirit man of the boy, nothing could take it away. A child will find his roots!” – PFO This same is true for you.
- The world will not change unless we embrace a different concept
- Let the children know that God is in control
- It is not about condemning the world but letting them know God’s truth
- The life of Moses testified of Jochebed’s work and legacy
Are your children’s lives a testimony of your work and legacy? Let God’s power come upon you and overshadow you.
And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. (Luke 1:35 – NKJV)