December 13, 2020 Update
Mandatory restriction – Provincewide – Effective Dec. 13
Faith services are limited to 15% of fire code occupancy for in-person attendance:
- Physical distancing between households must be maintained
- Mask use is mandatory
- Virtual or online services are recommended
- Drive-in services where people do not leave their vehicles and adhere to guidance are allowed
Additional safety measures:
- In-person faith group meetings and other religious gatherings are:
- not permitted in private homes while these measures are in effect
- permitted when conducted at a place of worship as long as physical distancing and public health measures are followed
- Faith leaders and other speakers can remove their masks while speaking if there is a distance of 2 metres. The mask must be put on again once finished speaking.
- Group performance activities, such as choir singing and playing music, are permitted if they are normal worship practices and not for the purpose of entertainment. Performers must wear masks at all times.
June 13 Update
The circumstances around the world due to Coronavirus pandemic continues to reshape how we need to conduct our church services. The need to curb the rate of spreading of the virus is paramount to the health and social wellbeing of everyone on the planet. Hence, we all have to make the sacrifice required during this period to keep everyone safe.
Word of Encouragement
Psalm 121:7-8 (CEB)
“7 The LORD will protect you from all evil; God will protect your very life. 8 The LORD will protect you on your journeys— whether going or coming— from now until forever from now.”
In this challenging time, it is very important that we continue to fellowship together in a safe manner and within the confinement of the laid down guidelines by the government. The government guideline has reduced any gathering to a maximum of fifty (50) people. In addition to that, it is expected that we keep social distancing while minimizing interaction with people. For this reason, we will be moving our services to live streaming to ensure a better fellowship time for the congregation.
The live streaming of church services will start on Sunday March 22, 2020 including the weekly service, until further notice. To join the live-streaming please use this link below, https://www.facebook.com/daystarchapelfortmcmurray/
Sunday – Celebration Services
Our Celebration Services will hold on Sundays following the usual pattern with some modifications. The Sunday Service will be at the usual time of 10:45am. Every other activities that starts before the Sunday Service are cancelled.
Wednesday – Bible Study
The Bible study will be on Wednesdays at 7PM – 8:30 PM. We will still make this interactive by requesting attendees to post their questions on the online chat as the bible study is ongoing. All the questions will be answered at the appropriate time during the event.
Friday – Prayer Meeting
The Prayer meeting will also be moving to live streaming to ensure that we are better engaged. The time will be from 7PM – 8PM.
The children & teens church will be canceled during this pandemic season. This is because it will be challenging to have engaging service for them online. Physical meeting for the children is difficult at this time as we will have to maintain social distancing which will be almost impossible. However, devotionals and teaching materials that parents can use with their children at home will be posted regularly on the parents WhatsApp platform. We want to thank the parents for their understanding.
Church Essential Team
The live streaming of the church services require some dedicated resources to be at the church facility. Only member of this team will be allowed entries to the church facility. Necessary precautions and protocols will be in place to keep them safe in accordance to the government guidelines.
The church is running on the donation from everyone of you. The restriction imposed on us by COVID-19 pandemic should not prevent us from continuing this act of generosity.
During this time, we encourage you to continue the giving of your tithes and offerings through email money transfer or by cheque. Be assured that our finance team will update your donation record accordingly.
* Please send email money transfer to: email@example.com
* When paying by cheque, kindly write cheque payable to RCCG-Daystar Chapel and mail the cheque to 101 Abraham Gate, Fort McMurray Alberta T9H 0J1.
We sincerely appreciate your generosity and God bless you.