Preached by Pastor Foluso Oladebo
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
- Word for the Year 2021
- Wait for Him for instruction
- Waiting – doing the work of a waiter or waitress
- “If you are waiting on God, do what waiters do: Serve” – Unknown
- Attends to your needs
- God will respond and thank you (supply strength onto you).
- “How someone treats a waiter or doorman can tell you so much about a person.” – Astin Butler
- Habbakuk 2:1: “I will stand my watch And set myself on the rampart, And watch to see what He will say to me, And what I will answer when I am corrected.” (NKJV)
- Have patience
- Be a listener
- Be hardworking
- Seek clarification – He will instruct you.
- Stop looking for controversial information or information the contradicts God’s word
- Take God’s WORD hook, line and sinker!
- As you do service, God will instruct you and tell you where next.
- “I will never do anything that will not give me glory!” – God
3. Biblical Examples
- Saul – took upon him to do the sacrifice prematurely instead of waiting for the prophet, Samuel (1 Samuel 13)
- Zechariah – you will not die barren (Luke 1:13)
- Anna (84) was doing the work of the Lord while she waited (Luke 2:37)
- David – sit and wait for the instruction and do what He asks you to do
4. Advantages of Waiting
- He will teach you
- His word will taste like honey
- It will give results (Psalm 107)
- Run away from premature manifestation!
- Sit at the Master’s feet (Luke 10:41 – 42) – Mary vs. Martha
- “41 And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. 42 But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” (NKJV)