https://daystarchapel.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/logo-01-1.png 0 0 admin https://daystarchapel.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/logo-01-1.png admin2020-07-26 18:23:442020-07-30 01:40:53There Shall Be Holiness - July 26, 2020
There Shall Be Holiness – July 26, 2020
Pastor Foluso Oladebo
Obadiah 1:17 – ‘ But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.’
- Holiness is one of the attributes of God
- 1 Peter 1:16 – Because it is written, You will be holy; for I am holy
- Isaiah 43:15 – I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel Your King.
- In His dwelling place there shall be holiness
- 1 Peter 2:6 – For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay in Zion, a chose and precious cornerstone, and the one who trust in Him will never be put to shame.”
- You are the Temple of God
- 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (ESV) – ‘Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.’
- We have to be careful how we live and how we behave in the house of God and what we say
- Isaiah 59: 1-2 – ‘Behold, the Lord‘s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.’
- Are You Committed?
- Galatians 5:19-21 (CEV) – ‘People’s desires make them give in to immoral ways, filthy thoughts, and shameful deeds. 20 They worship idols, practice witchcraft, hate others, and are hard to get along with. People become jealous, angry, and selfish. They not only argue and cause trouble, but they are 21 envious. They get drunk, carry on at wild parties, and do other evil things as well. I told you before, and I am telling you again: No one who does these things will share in the blessings of God’s kingdom.‘
- Don’t allow yourself to be robbed of your possessions
- Present a living holy body to God
- We Are Falling Through Different Ways
- Adultery and fornication
- In-fighting among brethren
- 1 Thessalonians 4:6 (NIV) – ‘and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister. The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before.’
- Don’t let going to Church be ritualistic. Come to church with right intentions (1 Thessalonians 4:7) – ‘For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.’
- Let Those Who are Called by the Name of the Lord Depart from Iniquity
- 2 Corinthians 7:1 (NIV) – ‘ Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.’
- Be intentional
- Romans 6:13 (ERV) – ‘Don’t offer the parts of your body to serve sin. Don’t use your bodies to do evil, but offer yourselves to God, as people who have died and now live. Offer the parts of your body to God to be used for doing good.’
- Discerning spirit – Hebrews 5:14(NKJV) – ‘But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.’
- Sacrificial life
As members of the Church we are the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and the members of the Abrahamic covenant. The task of turning candidacy into reality is up to us. Let us wrestle for our blessings that we are promised as we continue to worship in the temple of the Lord
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!